The cloud for e-mail. And it’s only the beginning.
The aim of the IT team was to rationalize messaging and collaboration environments previously entrusted to a variety of different environments.
The cloud is a winning solution because of the availability and reliability of the service, the simplification of configuration and maintenance activities, greater employee productivity and savings. The new email solution based on Office 365 has been extended to all the group’s five hundred email accounts around the world, with the design and consulting support of Npo Sistemi.
Email is only the beginning of a new level of sharing and communication because Rulli Rulmeca is extending the collaboration environment to video calls with Skype for Business, document management with SharePoint and social collaboration with Yammer.
Rulmeca Group is the biggest supplier of rollers and drum motors for heavy duty conveyor belts. 1270 employees in over twenty production and sales companies across the world serve customers in over 85 countries.
- To rationalize the messaging and collaboration systems
- To simplify maintenance and management activities
- To enrich the user experience and increase productivity
- Migration to the Microsoft Office 365 solution for messaging
- Adoption of Microsoft Skype for Business for unified communications
- Adoption of SharePoint and Yammer for collaboration
- Reliability, 24x7 availability and constant upgrading of services
- Simplified configuration, maintenance and management by the IT team
- Wealth of applications available for video conferencing, document management, work flow and social enterprise activities
- Savings compared to the previous configuration
Npo Sistemi - Microsoft Gold Partner
The project was launched with the support of internal resources and Npo Sistemi consultants. “Thanks to our internal professional skills and the Npo Sistemi consultants we were able to migrate 500 user accounts in a couple of months, at a rate of one country every weekend”, recalls Andrea Brignoli (Rumelca Group’s Corporate IT Manager).
Npo Sistemi supported the project with a significant amount of consulting aimed at highlighting the technological and operational benefits as well as the financial impact of the project over a period of more than 3 years.